Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Not as Bad as It Looks

There isn't much to report here since my last post. But I thought I'd give you all a "taste" of India and show you my latest food find! These interesting-looking green blobs are actually a really yummy fruit that is coming into season here. Ramphal, bullock's heart, or custard apple, call it what you like. Though not exactly appealing on the outside, this fruit has a really sweet and mild taste that I can't really compare to anything. I don't know if these can even be found in the U.S. Their odd, lumpy peel isn't exactly something that would have drawn me to them in the produce section! I will forwarn you though, should you seek this out at your local grocery store and actually find it, custard apples are probably the messiest fruit I've ever tried. So, if you are so inclined, arm yourself with a napkin (or two) and give a new, exotic fruit a try!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha that's funny. I went to the beach with Jacob's family and was confused as to why they were going to church on Friday until I found out it was Ascension (they're Catholic).

Anonymous said...

I think I commented on the wrong post. Your comment link is deceiving. :)

But while I'm here, that fruit looks gross yo.

Unknown said...

I must agree with you and michelle, it doesn't look like something I'd try on my own ever! But, I am glad you like it and are able to experience cool new fruits and foods (since I am sure you are experiencing some that isn't too good or cool)!
Peace,
Lucy