Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Picture This

It's nearly 2009 in Cambodia. I guess my 25 years are starting to show, because I'm considering turning in for the night before the official rollover into the New Year. Of course part of that is because I am leaving early tomorrow morning to go to Vietnam. My visa to Cambodia expires on Saturday, so I'm taking a little trip across the border. I'm going with some people from Partners in Progress, and will be gone a few days. I promise to tell you all about it when I get back. But I did want to tell you more about my parents' visit to Cambodia. But since I am tired and still have a bit of packing to do before tomorrow morning's early departure, I decided that instead of telling you about my parents' trip using my usual narrative style, I will show you about their trip through pictures instead....

Awww...aren't they cute?


Spirit Houses- ubiquitously Cambodian
An Elephant near Wat Phnom. None of us rode it. I was a little sad.
Christmas day was spent at the Welch's doing puzzles...
...And making sugar cookies! (We didn't have cookie cutters, so our shapes are a bit creative)
Hiking around the National Park was apparently pretty tiring.
And what trip to Cambodia would be complete without sampling the local cuisine?
I have it on good authority that "locusts taste like fried chicken". (Oh and in case you were wondering, crickets and meal worms are not bad either, though meal worms are a little squishy.)

1 comment:

Jeanette said...

I'd love a trip to Vietnam, I babysat these two children for 6 years every Saturday and they were from Vietnam. They had only a mom whose English was really poor, I've been to more Vietnamese functions and dinners that I can count, I'd like to actually go THERE! I can't wait to hear about your trip there.