Friday, December 19, 2008

My New Job and Why I Hate Winter

Many apologies for my recent lapse in posting. I've been in transition here for a few days, moving into a new house and kitty sitting job while an American couple working with PIP goes home for a little over a month. It took me a few days to get settled in and configure my computer to their Internet, so I'm playing catch-up on a lot of things.

So far, I'm loving my new temporary accommodations. Kenny and Jasmine are my fun new companions. Both adopted kitties have incredible stories of how they were rescued- Kenny still bears the scars from when he was found caught in barbed wire and Jasmine got stuck in a sticky-paper rat trap when she was just a few weeks old. The toxins in the glue on the trap meant Jasmine almost died of liver failure. But she pulled through, thanks to special soap to remove the glue from her skin and and IV drip to help her body work the chemicals out of her system. Now they are healthy, happy, and, as you can see, adorable! These pictures are only of Kenny, since Jasmine was feeling shy during our photo session. I'll post some of her another time.

Here's proof that dogs are not the only animals that roll over...

...Cats just do it on their own terms!

Otherwise, my days have been spent still teaching my English students as well as... preparing for the upcoming visit of my MOM and DAD!! A few weeks ago, my mom surprised me with an email asking if it would be okay if they came to Phnom Penh for Christmas! I, of course, told them yes, and the next thing I knew, they had booked tickets! Their flight was scheduled to arrive tonight, but, due to adverse weather conditions, they are still in the U.S. for the time being. I'm not sure when they'll finally get on a flight to Cambodia, but I'm hoping it will be really soon! We're planning a few fun adventures while they are here, so I will definitely let you all know how their time in Phnom Penh goes, once they arrive! Until then, I hope everyone is staying nice and warm and enjoying the holiday season. Less than one week til Christmas!

Kenny wishes you all a very Merry Christmas!

No comments: