Saturday, November 15, 2008

Road Trip!

I've been in Cambodia a little over 2 weeks now, and believe me when I say that I am having a wonderful time! I'm experiencing so many amazing things, in fact, that I am having trouble trying to pick and choose which to write about. I was going to tell you all about the Water Festival, and my visit to the Teul Sleng Prison Museum and about the Royal Palace. But that was before today's trip to the National Park, which was so beautiful that I simply could not wait to post pictures about my adventures with Dennis and Sharon.















Friday was Sharon's birthday (happy birthday, Sharon!), so to celebrate, we took a road trip about 65 miles outside of town to the National Park. There, we spent a relaxing day hiking to and taking gorgeous pictures of some amazing waterfalls!


See the white line in the trees? That's the waterfall!









Here it is a bit closer!





























Okay, so we didn't exactly make the hike completely on our own! Here is the cart that took us a tiny portion of the way.


















Our driver proved to be this incredibly nimble and really sweet woman who guided us all the way to the top. I have to say, I was more than a little embarrassed at how adept she was at climbing over the slippery terrain in her flip flops, while I gingerly tested every step I took. I guess she has made the trip more than a few times ,though, so she's figured out how to go.

To be honest, after a full day of traveling and hiking, I'm ready to call it an early night. So, instead of regailing you with my usual sort of in-depth stories, I will leave you with some photographic depictions of just some of the sights from today's excursion. I'll try to catch up with you all soon and share about some of my other adventures in Cambodia. Until then, enjoy!

Okay, so this one is just for fun.... I couldn't resist!

1 comment:

Lucas said...

Hahaha. I like that last picture.

That waterfall is gorgeous, Jill. I am really glad you got to see it. How long will you be in Cambodia?