Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Who Doesn't Love Animals?

So I’ve mentioned “critters” in my flat at least a couple of times in this blog. Today I thought I would let you see a few of them!



















This is some sort of centipede that I find just about everywhere. This morning there was one in the kitchen sink!






















This "little" guy was just haning out in the middle of the floor one morning when I woke up. Shradha sent him to cockroach heaven with her shoe. (But she did feel really guilty about it!)

















And for those of you who aren't insect fans, we have some reptile representatives in the house. These lizards also roam fairly freely around the place. I see them in the bathroom a lot, and sometimes on the window sill in the kitchen. They're really fast, though, so getting this picture took some effort on my part.



Finally, we have an animal with a little more crowd appeal. This is the stray cat that one of my roommates has adopted and started feeding. She doesn't have a name, but she does come inside and get fed and loved by us on a daily basis. I couldn't get her to look at the camera, though, so you'll just have to make due with these pictures of her strutting her stuff! She's a little scraggly right now, but I think that with all the attention she's getting now, she'll be soft and cuddly in no time!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You disgusted me with the bug pictures but redeemed yourself with the KITTYYYY!

David and Olivia said...

Yuck with the centipede especially... but the redeeming pic for me was the lizard because that means he's eating the bugs for you!! :)

Unknown said...

Eww. I am counting my blessings for such a well sealed house (at least from bugs!). No one can escape the black dust of smog (which I am sure you have too!).

Unknown said...

I'm so lucky there are no lizards in my house...YET. Though monkeys love hanging out in my room!